Let's Talk Turkey! Vintage Turkey!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving is in full swing! The family is here, the meal is planned and the turkeys are out...vintage turkeys that is.
I picked this handmade ceramic turkey up at a garage sale several years ago. I just thought he was so handsome.
I'm displaying him this year with a vintage postcard, fall leaves and acorns.
The postcard has a lovely image of a turkey in a tree. Someone had removed the stamp, which also removed the post date, so I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but it was mailed from Ludington, MI to Congers, NY.
It has a fun message on the back... a sister is cautioning her brother not to "eat to Big a Dinner!"
Several years after I found my first turkey, I found another! I found another! What were the odds of finding two of these handmade ceramic turkeys in two different towns about 45 miles apart? I love them both! I am so blessed.
These fine little turkeys and leaves are a new addition to our household this year and they feel right at home.
I really don't remember where I found these little guys. I don't think they are old...just adorable.
I have two old turkey platters. This one is melamine and was a gift from one of my sisters, and the one below I found at an estate sale earlier this year. It has such a pretty picture.
Well, that's my vintage turkey Thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Be thankful!

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name. Psalm 100:4


Wishing you God's best,
Elaine
Join me over at:
The Scoop
Amaze Me Monday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Tweak It Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style
Coastal Charm
Thoughts from Alice
French Country Cottage
Shabbilicious
Funky Junk
The Big Reveal 
Treasure Hunt Thursday


1 comment:

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.