Holiday Thrift Store Challenge - Christmas Chalkboard Globe

Friday, November 21, 2014


I have so much fun searching for old, vintage and recycled treasures that can be used to create unique pieces for my home or to give as gifts, so when Alice, at Thoughts from Alice, invited me to join in the Holiday Thrift Store Challenge Blog Hop I was thrilled. You're going to love this party. It's full of wonderful, inexpensive ideas to decorate your home for Christmas!
Here's what I came up with:
I found a world globe at a garage sale for $2. That's where my thrifty project begins.
I painted the globe with three coats of chalkboard paint...
...and then used a liquid chalk pen to add Christmas messages. On one side of the globe, I added "Joy to the World, the Lord is come. Let Earth receive her King!"


On the opposite side, I added a second message including a manger scene and verse, as a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. All I have to do is spin the globe for a quick change. 
The options for this project are endless and it can be used year round. Just wash off the chalk pen and change the message. There are lots of great chalkboard graphics on Pinterest to inspire us throughout the year. To follow my "Words" board just click here.

Beginning December 1, I will be counting down to Christmas with a new snapshot each day to encourage and inspire the Christmas Spirit. I would love to have you follow along!
Now for the Blog Hop! Alice has assembled 30 bloggers with great ideas to inspire you to be creative this Christmas season! Have fun exploring all these wonderful blogs! Enjoy!

Glam Christmas Throw Pillows by Thoughts from Alice



A Deerly Beloved Thrift Store Vignette by Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson





Christmas Cloche by Craftberry Bush

A Vintage Mantel for Winter by Finding Silver Pennies


Thrifty DIY Part One: Faux Fur Throw Rug by Creating Vintage Charm

DIY Holiday Walling Hanging by House of Hipsters


Christmas Decor from Thrifty Find by Town and Country Living

The Trellis Tree by Cozy Little House


DIY Centerpiece Tray by Cherished Bliss





Rustic Christmas Tree by Delineate Your Dwelling





DIY Crocks by So Much Better With Age




Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Wonderland and Company
Funky Junk
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabby Art Boutique
Friday's Unfolded
Thoughts from Alice
Found and Forged
The Scoop
Amaze Me Monday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Tweak It Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style
Coastal Charm 


49 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing idea Elaine! I am completely in love with it!!! Thank you so much for joining my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with globes and this is such a sweet idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that? I would never have come up with your idea, but wow! It's quite a surprising idea. Love this project!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous job! and i am totally impressed with your writing on a round surface skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea and love that you can use it year round! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love globes and have one to try this on - thx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Globes are so fun and I love your sweet messages. I found one a while ago for $4. I painted the base black and have it in my craft room. May try this, it's so cute!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is brilliant. I will add a globe to my hunting list

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love globes and love your idea of doing the chalkboard for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and fun for the holidays. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all globes and the chalkboard is perfect! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!!!! This is SO clever, and the messages you chose are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this! What a simple and great idea. It's so versatile too-I love that you could use it for any holiday. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this so much! Thanks for sharing with us at Fridays Unfolded! Pinning and featuring tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.