Making a Vintage Bottle Chandelier

Sunday, October 12, 2014

I recently saw a chandelier made from vintage bottles and decided to create my own using my personal collection. I've always loved bottles and have collected them since I was a child. When I found the scripture in Psalm 56 that tells how God sees every tear we shed and collects each one of them in His bottle, they became even more precious to me. I'm thinking he must have one of those great big water jugs reserved with my name on it! I tend to leak a little.
I have bottles tucked away on shelves and stashed in drawers all over my house, so when I began this project yesterday the hunt was on. I felt like I was hunting Easter eggs.
After gathering them from all corners of the house, some of them not seeing daylight for a few years, I got out the bottle brushes and scrubbed them up.

Then I rounded up what I thought I would need for my project and headed out to the shop.

I laughed at myself because the first thing I saw when I got in the shop were the bottles lined up across the window. I just thought I had them all.
I put a quick coat of chalk paint on the metal dish holder (I'm not sure what this is actually called) that's going to serve as the top of my chandelier. 
Then I began randomly wiring the bottles to the base.

Some bottles I hung with vintage seam binding, another of my loves.
The finished project... Taa Daa! ...now hanging in my bathroom.

Here's a Heart Rock for your Pocket:
You keep track of all my sorrows.  
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8


Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Funky Junk
Thoughts from Alice
Dwellings - The Heart of Your Home
The Scoop
Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Vintage Inspiration Party
French Country Cottage
Shabby Art Boutique 
Friday's Unfolded
Wonderland and Company
City of Creative Dreams
Inspire Me Please 
The Inspiration Gallery


7 comments:

  1. Love your chandelier,it is really cute. I should make one myself,i have little shells, rocks, and buttons in mine. The buttons are the best they put off a glow in my window. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me from Amaze Me Monday! Your bottle chandelier came out so pretty! I also love that psalm verse. When I lived in Brooklyn, NY there was a beach that was known as "bottle beach" as after every storm many old vintage bottle would wash ashore. Long ago there was a city dump oof shore and the cap eroded and broke, so that bottle were leaking out of it. Many collectors would come to look for rare bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invitation. I would love to come over for a visit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently had to take the ceiling fan down in my bedroom...and I replaced it with a 'boob' light. (a flush mount light on the ceiling) Not the most attractive-- but the budget insisted on this $1 light from a yard sale, rather than a new ceiling fan! It is Texas you know...? So anyway, I've been trying to think of some lovely ...loveliness to hang from this light and create a CHANDY effect!
    and EUREKA!
    You've solved my problem.
    It will have to wait now-- as we are packing up almost 20 years of stuff...and getting ready to move! I'm filing this one away for later!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.