Restoring Our Old Farm House No. 3 - Living Room

Saturday, July 12, 2014

As I continue to share about the remodeling of our old farm house, I'm moving on to the living room today. Originally, the living room had a window on each side of the fireplace. There were two doors on the wall visible below. One went into what is now our bedroom and one was a closet that was built out into the same room. The15 x 15 ft room had four doors and four windows...can you imagine?
We removed the window to the left of the fireplace and the two doors leading to the bedroom. We also took out the low ceiling. We used boards from the walls we removed in the kitchen to cover the holes left behind. Every inch of the entire house was walled with 1 x 12 boards from floor to ceiling even inside the closets and the wood was so hard you could barely drive a nail through it.
The new wood floors continued from the dining area into the living area.
My favorite part of the room is the fireplace. Mark did a terrific job with the design and I gave it a great paint job, if I do say so myself! We used slate tiles and added a gas stove insert. It is exactly what I envisioned.
 We also removed the door leading into the dining room and created an entryway.
Here's a look at the before and after together...
 
 ...it makes me tired just thinking about it!

Here's a Heart Rock for your pocket:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.Isaiah 43:1

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine

Join me over at:
Thoughts from Alice
Home Sweet Garden Party
Amaze Me Monday
Funday Monday
The Scoop
Tweak it Tuesday
Show & Share
Knick of Time
Rooted in Thyme
Shabbilicious
Share Your Cup
Funky Junk
Feathered Nest Friday
Fishtail Cottage
 





 
 

5 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog and enjoy keeping up with the reno on your farm house. I love your scripture verses at the end too. Blessings, -Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, and it's looking sooo good. Love the fireplace. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Yes, love that fireplace!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did such an amazing job! I'm loving everything about the after look. I definitely agree that the fireplace is something special. The floor looks amazing, too! I hope all your future restoration projects meet with equal success, albeit with much more comfortable levels of effort. All the best!

    Den Collier @ Laminate Restorations

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.