Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity, Jig! No.1 Colorado

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Dad always ended every trip with, "Home again, home again, jiggity jig." Regardless if it was home from church or school or a visit to grandma's. Mark and I recently made a 1900 mile trip to Colorado from our East Texas home. It was an adventure to say the least. Here are a few of the highlights.

Crossing Monarch Pass in Colorado
We drove through freezing rain in New Mexico and two blinding snow storms on the way there, the second of which was crossing Monarch Pass. Just let me say that Monarch Pass is scary on a beautiful sunny day.
Here is a shot taken at Blue Mesa Reservoir. Needless to say the lake was frozen. 
Aspen trees are one of my favorite things, ever! They are always my favorite part of Colorado.
I went snowmobiling for the first time. Getting up to Willow Park (aka, top of the mountain) was an exciting ride. We were laughing hysterically here, because Mark just got slammed by a snowball! Way to go Dayrel!
I made a snowman! I couldn't resist!
A collection of snapshots. The ranger was our mode of transportation on the mountain. The roads were not open for street vehicles.
I love this old Mission that sits on a hill at Raton Pass. 

On the trip home, we stayed at a 100 year old cowboy hotel in Clayton, NM. We ate supper in the Saloon and had breakfast in the dining hall. I was waiting for Gus from Lonesome Dove to come walking in. I love Gus.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Here's a Rock for your Pocket:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Wishing you God's best,
Elaine





 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you. Please leave a message.